For many of us, ice cream is the ultimate indulgence. And in 99.9% percent of cases, that consists of devouring a pint of Chunky Monkey on the couch while bingeing on Netflix. But for the remaining 0.1%, indulging in frozen treats means crafting a gigantic banana split in your own personal ice cream parlor.
You heard us right—a handful of luxury homes across the United States choose to cater to their sweet tooth by installing an ice cream parlor on the premises. Some have historic charms, while others are purely playful. The amenities vary, but a love of cold treats is the common theme.
Grab a scoop, a spoon, and a straw and prepare to enjoy some frozen treats at these fab five spots. Just don’t blame us if your belly starts to ache…
Stately estate: Built in 1993, this grand, Colonial-style home covers almost 10,000 square feet and sits on 4 acres of land. The main floor is elegant and decorated in a white-and-gray palette, with a chef’s kitchen and formal dining room. The main floor master suite has its own wing, with five more bedrooms are upstairs.
The ice cream parlor sits on the recreation level, along with a golf room with a putting green, a media room, and a wine cellar that holds 2,500 bottles. The pool and one-bedroom poolhouse are just steps away.
This perfect parlor has an old-timey vibe, thanks to the cool countertop, tin ceiling, and wooden bar area. It comes equipped with soda fountains, milkshake mixers, built-in stools, and plenty of room for storing all kinds of treats.
Ice cream meets ocean breezes: This ice cream parlor is smack-dab in the center of the main entertaining area of this midcentury modern home. Built in 1962, the home has a private gate and a courtyard, along with four bedrooms and three bathrooms in its 2,261 square feet.
The ice cream parlor is tucked just under the stairs and has a sink, storage space for ice cream, a milkshake mixer, and more. Ice cream lovers can sit at a large wooden bar and enjoy the view of the outdoor courtyard while enjoying their treats.
Banana split after a birdie: Right on a golf course, this stately home offers many high-end features. Built in 2001, it has five bedrooms and eight bathrooms in 9,380 square feet. In addition to the gourmet kitchen and luxurious bedrooms, the home is an entertainer’s dream.
The lower level has a walkout to an infinity pool and hot tub, as well as a golf simulator, game room, sauna, and wine cellar. An elaborately painted garage is perfect for showing off a car collection.
Silver is the accent color for the large ice cream parlor, which gives it something of the feel of a 1950s diner. It has plenty of room to store, make, and enjoy all kinds of frozen concoctions.
History meets modern amenities: The Carnegie family built this home in the 1920s along the St. Lucie River. Sitting on 2 acres, it spans 8,178 square feet, with four bedrooms and plenty of character.
The modest lower-level ice cream parlor is spacious and near the access to a pool and sandy beach area. Lit by a single Tiffany-style lamp, the two-seater table looks ideal for sharing a milkshake with a significant other.
‘The Empress’ awaits: Built in 1885, this Queen Anne Victorian known as “the Empress” has plenty of charm and history. It could be either a guesthouse or a single-family home, and comes with all the historic furnishings.
The ice cream parlor sits on a lower level near a dressing room, beauty/barber shop, player piano, and popcorn machine for the theater room. Multiple milkshake mixers and ice cream storage are part of the wooden bar area. Pull up a chair, and enjoy a couple of scoops.
The post Anything but Vanilla! These 5 Homes Have Their Own Ice Cream Parlors appeared first on Real Estate News & Insights | realtor.com®.
McDevitt Real Estate Closing Attorney Services - Real Estate Law Massachusetts
Have a question about Real Estate Law or need a closing attorney? Fill out the form below or call us at 617-282-7550.
We are conveniently located in Hingham and Milton, Massachusetts.
McDevitt Law Group strives to provide the highest quality real estate law and estate planning services, and we have for almost 40 years. As a small law firm, we pride ourselves on providing personal attention to your case and providing the highest quality representation. Call us today, or use the contact form below.
Barnstable County | Bristol County | Duke County | Essex County | Middlesex County | Nantucket County | Norfolk County | Plymouth County | Suffolk County
Just click on the Phone Number to dial on your phone: